The big day has come and gone. How that is possible...I do not know. Many thoughts were had on October 8th, some of them were even remembered. I've compiled them into this list.
2. Ruthie, it's 5:30 AM...let's hang out for a little longer.
3. How is Austin still sleeping?
4. Oh! Amanda's here! I'm going to go grind coffee beans until she wakes up.
5. Yessss she brought good coffee beans!!
6. Why is there so much dew all over everything? Should I blow-dry the tables?
7. Oh god, the tablecloths are sticking.
8. Maybe I should wait until the sun comes up to start setting tables.
9. DAN quit jumping on the bar.
10. THANK GOD Amanda's awake.
11. Should I be doing something super important right now?
13. I'm positive the florist forgot to put together my arrangements.
14. Ruthie looks so cute in tiny sweatpants.
15. I feel fairly normal today.
16. OMG HAIR AND MAKEUP ARE HERE, THIS IS HAPPENING.
17. I wish I had more time to just hang out with my bmaids today.
18. There are 15 crates of freshly baked rolls in the living room.
19. Monkey bread AND cinnamon rolls, this truly is the best day.
20. Is everyone noticing how long my (fake) eyelashes are?
21. I can't believe how many people came to help us set up!
22. Have I felt the baby move today?
23. WHERE IS RUTHIE?
24. So grateful for grandmas <3
25. WHO IS IN CHARGE OF THE CHEESE PLATE?
26. Having a photographer here is awkward (should I be doing something super inspiring to photograph rn?)
27. I wish I could have a photographer here to document every day.
28. Damn Andrea is good at doing hair.
29. It's time to put the dress on already.
30. I should probably wait until 5 minutes before the ceremony to put Ruthie's dress on.
31. People are here already!? What time is it?!
32. Can't really bend my arms, holding Ruthie like a robot for the rest of the day is fine.
33. First look is going to feel so awkward (I just saw Austin like 30 minutes ago).
34. First look is a magical thing and I want to do it again at least monthly.
35. There are so many people here.
36. I don't think we're going to start at 4:30.
37. I'm OK with starting late.
38. Is everyone going to notice we are starting late?
39. Hope Lou doesn't mind strumming a few extra Sister Marilyn chords.
40. What if there isn't enough food? What if there isn't any food because the caterer forgot?
41. Can I go outside and say hi to everyone?
42. Reading books in the kitchen with Ruthie like everything is normal and there aren't 20 shuttles worth of family and friends outside.
43. What if Ruthie gets bored during the ceremony?
44. Oh man, God bless Amy. She is literally sprinting around outside right now.
45. Can anyone see me through this window
46. *Someone waves to me through window and I immediately drop to floor*
47. That was a strange reaction.
48. Time to go!
49. Was I supposed to wear a veil?
50. When did I put gum in my mouth?
51. *Frantically throws gum with excessive force, it goes 2 feet and sticks to a chair*
52. I have the greatest friends.
53. Should I remind Dad right now of the time he wore a furry suit to Andrea's wedding that one of the cats had slept on the night before?
54. I bet Ruthie is overwhelmed by the amount of people at our house.
55. Really time to go.
56. It is absolutely amazing to have most everyone I love in one place right now.
57. I wonder if I look as excited as I actually am right now.
58. Oh, Austin.
59. And Brian! Hi Brian!
60. Ruthie is crying! Poor buddy, she is probably so overwhelmed. (Thank you Renee for saving the day!)
61. Aw Austin...you're crying already!
62. Do we hold hands? One hand or both hands?
63. *Austin whispers to me "Do we have to read our vows? I already can't stop crying"*
64. UGH this is one of the absolute best and sweetest moments of my life.
65. Ah which hand does it go on?!
66. Just now noticing that I am standing in front of a whole buncha folks.
67. Feeling some intense relief.
68. I hope this olden time vehicle starts.
69. Ruthie would love this, we should have brought her for a ride with us!
70. I think I'm sitting on the actual gas tank, I'm glad Ruthie isn't on here with us.
71. I'm starving.
72. This is the.best.day.
Many more thoughts were had and lost as the evening became pretty much a blur. Some highlights included listening to the speeches (especially Mary's *crying-so-hard face*), eating some really good food, finally getting to eat the cake (that my mom made for anyone who did not know that!!), and best of all, hanging out with pretty much everyone I know and love. Thank you isn't enough to express my gratitude to all of those who were a part of the day. Let's do it again real soon.