- My life is stepping on a naked baby doll, a wet troll, and 35 various squirty toys every time I enter the shower
- A really really really full bed
- Feeding Ruthie better than I feed myself
- Saying "that's not for eating" way more than I ever thought I would (and overhearing Ruthie say it to her self as she eats playdough)
- Feeling guilty for ignoring Bobby when Ruthie needs my help
- Wondering how people keep their houses clean and wishing I could be one of those people
- Mentally logging texts I want to send (and then completely forgetting to send them, obviously)
- Prying pieces of quinoa out of Bobby's neck rolls
- Squeezing Bobby into clothing
- Putting shoes and socks on and taking shoes and socks off
- Going to bed at 9 pm
- Realizing 2 hours has gone by during nap time and thinking "what the hell have I been doing this whole time?"
- Getting more done during a 2 hour nap time than I used to do during 8 hours at my desk
- Keeping Ruthie entertained with TV even though I knew for SURE I never would 🙄
- Picking things up with my feet
- Finding ways to do my hair that can withstand Ruthie's twirling
- Looking forward to beer o'clock
- Letting Sam the outdoor cat inside so Ruthie can practice picking him up and whisper "you're my little buddy" directly into his ear
- Feeling overwhelmed by the intensity of emotion that comes from this tiny girl
- Trying to figure out the right response when Ruthie yells "PUT THE BOBBO DOWN"
- Making Austin wake me up at 6 am to workout (....and then ignoring him and going back to sleep)
- Living in complete wonder seeing these babies change everyday
My life is made up of incredibly peaceful moments punctuated by moments of pure, sometimes hilarious chaos (probably more accurate to word that the other way around). The challenges I deal with during the day are so different than two short years ago. I have to force myself to stop and think about how grateful I am for these guys.
I am pretty much the opposite of an organized person, so the chaotic moments are often a result of that trait. It sometimes REALLY bothers me and I just wish I could keep all my ducks in a row all the time. I'm working on it a little bit, but mainly just trying to accept the mess. Neat and organized Austin cautiously offers me advice "...it helps to make lists". So here's a list for ya!